WALLS OF FAME
Data Walls VideoS
(Above) Creating data walls to visually track student progress over time.
(Above) High School Example. Specific to a subject area.
(Above) Lyn Sharrat, Professor and co-Author with Michael Fullan, discusses high leverage practices
...more data walls videos
Videos depicting various activities w/ Data Walls
"Accelerated Individualized Student Growth"
"No Child Left Behind… For Real This Time: OUSD Schools Track Progress of Every Student"
"Moving On Up: Focusing on our Goals, Making Progress Visible"
OUSD Data Walls Guidelines linked below:
Data Walls Do's and Don'ts linked below:
Cut-Points for key performance indicators below:
Sample Data Wall Cards for Elementary Schools (...just samples)
Creating Data Card Label MailMerge -PC
Why a Data Wall?
· Visual Representation of student progress
· Every child is represented data has a face
· An interactive display of data
· A way to show change over time
· Non-threatening form of accountability
Things to consider when planning a Data Wall
· Space (MUST be Private - No Student / Public Access)
· What kind of data
· Other information for disaggregating data
· Management of Data Wall
Preparing your Data for Data Wall
· Decide on a format for representing individual student data
· Possible information to include: (See Guidelines)
o Student name
o Special Education
o DIBELS scores or grades
o End Of Unit / End Of Course Scores
o Instructional recommendation
o Continuing students vs. new students
Effects of Data Wall on Instruction
· Accountability for learning
· Attention to individual student progress
· Data-informed, teacher-driven instruction
FERPA Rules for student privacy protection.
NOTE: Be certain walls placed are in secure location!
Article reinforces the use of data walls to track student progress.
Link to SERC Data Walls references.